Read my first post for why we are here. If you're just joining us, you can check out my previous posts on the sidebar.


Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Novel Stats

Uncanny

Today's Word Count: 639 Words

Excerpt:
The man watched him approach, a cold look on his face. The woman had retreated back inside the car and shut the door. He glanced in as he passed by. She was looking steadily ahead, her fingers crawling in her lap like spiders. He looked ahead and fixed a smile to his lips.
“Car trouble?”
Blue jeans man scratched under his chin and batted his eyes, as if to say, you figured that one out, eh genius? Timothy felt the slightest tinge of anger slip into his heart like a thin, poisoned dagger. His smile fell a few notches. Blue jeans man said nothing. He was wringing the rag (which was actually just his shirt, Timothy could see now) like he was trying to rid it of water.


I'm filling out a character, and thus filling out an old scene that was originally about a page long. Hopefully, it will be larger and more revealing by the time I'm done with it. I like visiting the past. Sometimes, it gives me direction for the future.
Over and Out!

No comments: