Read my first post for why we are here. If you're just joining us, you can check out my previous posts on the sidebar.


Monday, November 27, 2006

Hello World!

I believe it was Aristotle that said, "An unexamined life is not worth living" (at least, that's who the bumper sticker attributed the saying to). We're here, therefore, to examine life together, from its sun-lit and inviting outer rooms, to its dust-soaked nooks and crannies. I've also set aside this place, by the gentle compunction of friends and family, to track the progress of my first novel (although I hesitate to call it that, it's really just a collection of writing exercises at this point). So I will keep you up to date on my progress, word count, editing, and maybe even post a few excerpts if I'm feeling particularly brave. Hopefully this space will keep me on track and help me to continue writing. Writing, like life, is a long race, much more an endurance run than a sprint. Discipline, which this world so often lacks, as I do myself, is key. Praise be to God, who has given us minds to conceive, words to write, and lips to utter all manner of marvelous things!

No comments: